Friday 19 September 2008

Update 14/09/2008: I am now in Albanya on day 41 of the trek and today, from a mountain top, I got my first glimps of the Med. The excitement has spurred me on and I just can´t wait to reach the end. Yesterday I walked all day through a deserted and forested region where every house village and church was overgrown and in ruin. Eventually I arrived at the abandoned monestry of Sant Aniol where I spent the night. It was a full moon and with animals scurrying up to the tent all night, it was a very spooky experiance. The weather has been bad with rain and heavy storms every day. It is rarely warm long enough to dry clothes properly. The nights are cold too and waking up shivering and having to put on a damp t-shirt is not a nice experiance. Still, I cannot believe I have come this far or that I have only 5 days to go. I just can´t wait to reach the end and home again.I hope I will be able to reintergrate back into society ok and that my family and friends remember who I am. I have lost 4 inches around the waist and grown a fair bit of hair. I miss everyone very much and can´t wait to see you all soon.

No comments: