Tuesday 27 May 2008

The facebook page so far!

Thank you so so much to Henry for being my first sponsor! And also to Chris for paying for my ticket from Paris to Hendaye. I really do appreciate it. Please follow there example and be generous. Even if you can only spare £1 it is all for a good cause.It has just been confirmed that I will be appearing on BBC Radio Sheffield at 11.30am on Saturday 17/05/2008 to talk about the trek and try to raise more sponsors for Sustrans. This is very nerve racking as I was not expecting much of a response when I e-mailed the local radio stations but it is also a great opportunity which I cannot pass up on. I will only be on for about 10 minutes but please listen in.Big news! The company I work for, Atos Healthcare, have now confirmed that they will match sponsorship to the charity Sustrans up to £200!This means that until and if we reach £200, for every £1 you donate via the www.justgiving.com/davidbryan website, Atos Healthcare will donate £1. Please think about this, it is great support from Atos so please take advantage of it.Well there we go, I've been on the radio. The worst part was listening to the tape of it afterwards and realising I said 2500 degrees instead of meters! At least that's out of the way now and hopefully will help to raise awarness and sponsership. Please let me know what you thought of the interview and listen to it again tomorrow on http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/radio_sheffield/I have recently found somebody else who is doing the walk. He began on Sunday the 24th of May meaning he should be back before I leave. It will be interesting to find out what he encounters on his journey. Please read his blog here: http://walkingthepyrenees.blogspot.com/One thing it does state in his blog is that walking the Pyrenees is the equivalent assent to climbing Everest 4 times!Walking the Gr11 is almost equivalent to climbing Snowdon everyday!Speaking of which I am planning a hike in North Wales to help me train and prepare. Lasting 4 days and averaging 10 miles a day from Friday the 4th of July to Monday the 7th. If any one is interested in joining me, please let me know and we can begin organising it.

No comments: